Monday, October 5, 2009

Advertised as "World Famous" Lipizzaners... but they are NOT the Vienna Lippizaners nor are the riders Exellent!

UPDATE:

I found out that these are NOT the famous Lipizzaner that you would think of when you hear "World Famous" meaning the ones from Vienna.

The riding school of Vienna is the cream of the crop, the riders are superb and the standards are VERY HIGH, the rules and how the animals are treated is impeccable. A Vienna School Lipizzaner has only one rider through it's live and when the riders retires the horse does as well.

This "World Famous Lipizzaner Show" show is a gimmick based on the real thing, designed to make money, there is no tradition and the standards are obviously not as high as those of the real Vienna school. All you have to do it watch some of the videos of the 2nd rate riders online and compare them to the real thing.
http://www.spanishridingschool.com/video/video.swf

Since I found out in time before I went to see, and I immediately canceled the tickets. I have no idea how these animal are threaded and what goes on behind the scenes so I certainly won't support it.

I really don't understand how they can get away with calling it the "World Famous" Lipizzaner since they know that most everyone that knows about them would assume these are the Horses from Vienna. When you see the video of the riders from the Vienna school and those from this show you can see the difference in quality of ridership and quality of horses as far as trained!

I love horses regardless, I don't care if they are purebred, or wild, mustangs whatever, so this is not about that, but it's about the fact that this is presented in a misleading manner.

The horses I love regardless. I hope they tread them well. I know the Horses in Vienna are treated wonderfully, but I don't know that about this show and what goes on behind the scenes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 6th I'll be in Charlotte NC to see the Lipizzaner Show.
I come from Atlanta and couldn't fine one any closer then NC so that's where I'm heading.
Just got my ticket.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice!